First it was established through the proclamation no. 68/1971 G.C as Addis Ababa water and sewerage service Authority and that later it was reestablished again through the proclamation no. 10/1995 G.C as Addis Ababa water & Sewerage Authority.
It was established in 1971 G.C
- ØThe Authority would aspire to make Addis Ababa city one of the first five African cities that have high-quality in provision of pure water and modern sewerage service by the year 2020 G.C
- ØSupplying pure water to the city residents that balances with the fast growth of the city and modern sewerage service in a sustainable way by utilizing resources of water, spreading out of modern sewerage system, and working by coordinating with stakeholders.
- ØSupplying pure water to all city residents.
- ØCreating clean city which is sparkling from sewage wastes.
- ØWe believe in continuous change & improvement.
- ØGuiding by trust & knowledge.
- ØProviding fast response is our day to day activity.
- ØTransparency and accountability are the expression of our service.
- ØCoordinative work is the basic to our mission.
Head of the Authority
Name – Ato Aseged Getachew
Telle – 011662 39 27/011662 39 02
Fax – 011 662 39 24
Number of the Employers
Male – 428
Female – 437